Monday, June 4, 2012

10-Day Reboot

I am going on a juice fast inspired by the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I'm kind of WAY excited about it. My aunt actually told me to watch the documentary about a year ago, but it really didn't come to mind until I was browsing Netflix and recognized the name.

I'm going to be doing the 10-day reboot, otherwise known as the Quick Start Reboot. Here are the details:


Basically, I'll be on a 100% raw, vegan diet for 10 days. I'll be juicing - a lot. The good thing about this particular reboot is that I can actually still eat food (as in chew things!). The man in Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (Joe Cross) went on a 60-day juice fast that was specifically juice. I'm taking baby steps, guys. 10 days is plenty of time for me. I'm planning on having most of my intake stick to actual juice. Of course, I won't restrict myself from eating (read: chewing) fruits and vegetables, but juicing gets the most amount of nutrients to your body effectively.

The great thing about the reboot website is they basically give you every resource you need to have a successful juice fast. So much useful information! Anyway, I'm hoping to blog my fast and see how it changes my health for the better. It's a short fast, but I will see results. Also, I have a wonderful lady in my corner to help my (my aunt) and also the reboot website has an awesome community as well. Also, Joe Cross has a Twitter account, and he's always such a sweet, motivational guy.

During the first few days, they tell you to expect to feel crappy: dizzy, lethargic, grumpy, constipation or diarrhea, maybe even nauseous. They definitely emphasize staying very hydrated and drinking tons of water. They don't restrict calories, they tell you to eat/juice whenever you want. They tell you to plan to eat about 5-6 times a day

Anyway, wish me luck, guys! I'm starting my juicing June 11th and completing it June 21st.

If you're interested, you can watch the entire documentary here: http://www.jointhereboot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment