Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Review of "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini


GREAT BOOK! Two thumbs up, 5 stars, however you want to say it, this book is incredible. It is heart-breaking and intimately depressing. This is the author's first novel, and he did an amazing job. He is Afghani, so he captures the culture perfectly. He uses some Farsi words in here sparingly and most of the time, he'll tell the meaning, but sometimes he doesn't. You might need to look these words up (or ask me), because they are essential to the story.
The story follows 2 boys in their childhood growing up, from the point of view of one of them. You will feel an array of emotions with this book, and I think that if an author can make you feel this deeply, he did a great job. :-)
Also, if you haven't seen the movie, I actually recommend you see it first. I saw the movie first, then read the book, and it was so much more powerful to me.

1 comment: