Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Finally Watched Argo


It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I mean, honestly, the movie is not about the revolution. It is only about the way they created a fake movie to smuggle the Americans out.

What I did notice was that they did acknowledge the U.S. stupid move of the coup in 1953 that put in power the shah everyone hated and that it was, in fact, a stupid move. It was mentioned more than once, but in passing each time. But, again, this movie wasn't about the revolution. The reason it's important to me, though, that the whole story is told is because every time Iran or Iranians are portrayed, it's negative. And - oh look, yet another movie coming out making Iran a demon.

Also, how Seth-MacFarlane of Ben Affleck to star in his own movie.

Ya know, overall, I liked the movie; it was entertaining. I will say this, it was incredibly overrated. Best Picture? That doesn't make sense to me. It was good, but definitely, definitely not Best Picture. I don't see the reason it got such prestigious awards. Did I miss something about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment